Admittedly, Oreos hold a very special place in my heart. I constantly remind others that the Oreo is the powerhouse of the cell. I always make sure to tell everyone I know about the importance of Oreo anatomy. The creamy rich vanilla center, the crunchy yet soft outer shell made of the finest cookie you’ve ever seen! A simple mix of cookies and cream united the world. Hence, this easy homemade Oreo ice cream!
But are you still not convinced? Here are the reasons:
Why this homemade Oreo ice cream is better than any store-bought ice cream
Nothing store-bought could ever beat the feeling of accomplishment of making your own ice cream. Not only did you make it yourself, but it tastes AMAZEBALLS too!
Research indicates making homemade food on a frequent basis makes people happier and improves mental health. I love home-cooking food because it’s a time in my day when I can focus on myself, the ingredients, and being happy.
Portion control. You get to minimize or increase the volume of the ice cream instead of buying it in bulk at the store. Believe me, when I look at ice cream in a huge tub from the store versus the portions I chose, I’d take my ice cream any day!
Now that I have convinced you why this melt in your mouth ice-cream is worth your while, here is the homemade ice cream recipe.
How to make Oreo ice cream recipe without ice cream maker
Homemade Oreo ice cream without ice cream maker
The creamy rich vanilla center, the crunchy yet soft outer shell made of the finest cookie you’ve ever seen! A simple mix of cookies and cream united the
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 16 oz. (2 cups) heavy cream
- 8 oz. (1 cup) of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoons vanilla essence
1. In a mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, condensed milk, and vanilla essence. Whip with an electric beater or hand whisk on medium speed until combined.
2. On a wooden cutting board, chop Oreo cookies to desired sizes (large or fine chunks.)
3. Add the Oreo pieces into the creamy mixture and place them into a medium-sized dish.
4. Cover the ice cream in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it in a freezer. Leave the ice cream overnight or until hardened but creamy.
• Make sure to mix the ice cream every 2 hours. This prevents crystallization and ensures the ice cream is creamy! When the ice cream is no longer in liquid form, which takes about 4 hours, it is fine to stop mixing each check.
• After serving, the ice cream can be stored for up to 3 days. Make sure not to go over or it will become too hard or go bad.
Amount Per Serving Calories 582Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 107mgSodium 206mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 43gProtein 7g
AMAZEBALLS chef’s notes:
- Make sure to mix the ice-cream every 2 hours. This prevents crystallization and ensures the ice cream is creamy! When the ice cream us no longer in liquid form, which takes about 4 hours, it is fine to stop mixing each check.
- After serving, the ice cream can be stored up to 3 days. Make sure not to go over or it will become too hard or go bad.
Other yummy desserts you might like: